1. God. Without him, I am nothing.
3. Friends. My close friends have become more like family and we’ve grown even closer this year.
4. Food. I truly enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner this year. My husband even made delicious salmon for me, the non-meat eater. This year I’ve also seen love poured out to me so many times through food. At the times when life was especially rough, those meals were a source of hope and strength for each day.
5. Forgiveness. I’d be a liar if I said that forgiveness has been easy for me this year. There have been a few people that I’ve found it hard to forgive, but I have made the choice to forgive even if my pride tells me not to.
6. A roof over my head. A few months ago, my husband and I moved back to my hometown to be closer to my family to help out. We’ve been staying with my dad until we find a home. It has not been easy moving from having our own places to living in one bedroom, but we’ve learned to be more content no matter where we are. But we may have found the perfect place and may be homeowners soon!
7. Trials. Despite all that I’ve been through lately, I still have joy. Losing my mother this year, my best friend and my biggest supporter, rocked my world. Yet, my mother taught me to endure no matter the situation. I’ll end with this scripture.
Leave a Reply